Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Signs of Spring

This windows-open, sunshine-in, breezy kind of day; my little girl playing peekaboo from her Pack-n-Play; Caedmon's Call on iTunes; poetry before me; friends flooding my thoughts...

Suddenly, I'm overwhelmed by a deep sense of contentment mixed with humility. Why does God allow these moments for one such as me? Certainly not because of me--Nothing I have or do is anything I've obtained myself, nothing is worthy of boasting about; it is by His grace that I am given such reminders of His goodness. I will boast only in the Lord, that He chooses to shower me with His love. Praise be to Him on this intoxicating day!

Jeremiah 9:23-24:
Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD."

Amen!

No comments: